Music Video Personal Reflection
What I felt that was good about my music video
I felt that the amount of shots that I took for my video was something that I did well. I took about four different versions of all of the shots in my video, and this meant that I could choose the best shots that fit with the feel if the video, rather than being stuck with whatever shot that I had. This meant that some of my shots felt purposeful, and like that had a specific place within the video. I also felt that I used a wide range of shot types within my video, and this helped it to feel less monotonous. The shots that I picked felt that they flowed well both the video, and there weren't too many moments where the video felt like a shot was put in by mistake. I also liked adding a filter to the video, as this gave it a lighter feel and helped the video feel like the tone of the song. I think that most of my shots that didn't have people in them stuck true to plan, and whilst the shots didn't match my storyboard in exactly the same location - as I wasn't able to film there anymore; the shots that I was able to film were close to the idea present within my storyboard. Another element that I am pleased with within my video was that my editing fit with the beats of the song, and that as the song sped up and slowed down, so did the rapidity of the cuts.
What I felt that could be improved in my music video
I should have stuck better to my storyboard to make my video better. I only made one, and due to time constraints and location difficulties, I want able to use my original storyboard - instead I should have modified it and made a second storyboard that fit better with my location and the amount of time I had to film in. Another element to improve would be to have spent longer editing my lip-synching portions of the video, so that they were smooth constantly, rather than having parts that matched perfectly, and parts that didn't. This would have improved the overall quality of my music video. I also should have had a more clear story to the video, rather than it looking like lots of shots edited together, which is what my video looked like at times. To do this, I should have avoided shooting at two separate locations, unless that served a purpose within the narrative if the video. Another element would have been to have better mis-en-scene, whilst this wasn't possible due to time constraints, in my actual music video, I will choose the costumes that people were purposefully and to aid the narrative - rather than have people wear the clothes that they happened to be wearing at the time. I would also apply makeup to everyone in the video, just so that everything looked more professional when editing. the last thing that I would do, is include less shots of nature and outside views, and focus more on people and what they are supposed to conveying to show the video's narrative.
Comments
Post a Comment